Count on Comet for Fast, Efficient Fulfillment and Final Mile Delivery
As the speed of business picks up, fast, efficient fulfillment of goods is mandatory for success in today's marketplace. At Comet Delivery, we have the resources and expertise to handle your toughest warehousing and distribution challenges.
From storage to final mile delivery, we have what it takes to streamline your process while ensuring quicker fulfillment, improved accuracy and faster delivery. Here are just a few of the advantages you can expect when you work with Comet:
- Experienced personnel who specialize in warehousing, distribution and logistics to provide you with the most cost-effective solutions.
- Leading edge technology that features the most advanced online shipping, tracking and mapping software, including the ability to place and track orders on smartphones and tablets.
- Customized order entry and customized reporting functions to meet your specifications.
- Automated status updates on any mobile device including phones and tablets; Signature capture at delivery in real-time.
- State-of-the-art 25,500-square-foot warehouse facility with multiple layers of security to keep your goods safe and sound.
Fascinating Facts About Forklifts
- Mass production of forklifts started in 1930 with the development of standardized wood pallets.
- In the 1950s, manufacturers started to design forklift trucks with the capability to lift loads up to 15.2 meters. The change allowed operators to achieve better material organization in the warehouses or production facilities.
- Generally classified as industrial trucks, forklifts are powerful machines that require operators to complete special training programs before using the machine for certain tasks.
- When the electric forklift was invented, it had a rechargeable battery that could last about as long as one working shift – approximately 8 hours.
- The load-carrying capabilities of forklifts vary. The most commonly used forklifts can carry loads of one to five tons while larger forklifts have a load capacity of up to 50 tons.
- The maximum allowable speed of a forklift truck is 8 mph, but in areas where pedestrians move about, the forklift should not move faster than 3 mph.
Call our 24 hour hotline: 1-888-266-3833 and find out how Comet can serve you and your customers.